Join the club!

http://eepurl.com/dc7_yL

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Tutorials

Painted magazine pages with paint resist

Hi there for my first tutorial I wanted to share one of my favorite techniques for making collage papers. I do a lot of collage and these are fast and easy, and a plus they are from recycled magazines!

1. First gather your materials, you will need;
           brushes, sponges, or your fingers
           magazine pages(dark colored works best)
           white acrylic paint or gesso
           your favorite color acrylic paint
           stencils, mark making tools, or stamps  
           your imagination!

 2. Using your white paint/Gesso make marks on your magazine page. I used stencils with a sponge on mine. I have used stamps and found mark making tools before as well.Let the paint dry before you move on to the next step.




3. After the white paint has dried mix a couple drops of water with your acrylic paints. Use a sponge, or paintbrush to go over the top of the white paint. Completly cover the page with color. If the white is not showing through as much as you would like you can wipe the color back a little with a paper towel(save your paint stained towels for other projects).

You can see from the pictures below that darker colored magazine pages make the white show up better.


4. Let the paint dry and there you have it! Super easy right! Here are some of the other papers I made using this technique.



Now lets see what you can do with all those super easy collage papers!
This is a 4' x 6' Postcard I started using the papers.


That's it for now, I'd love to hear from everyone, let me know what you think in the comments!




No comments:

Post a Comment