Join the club!

http://eepurl.com/dc7_yL

Monday, September 26, 2016

Have you ever been trapped in a Parking Garage?

I Did Today. It's funny now, but at the time I was freaking out!

 


  So I hate going downtown, where it''s full of one way streets, traffic, and parking garages, but I had to go to something important so I didn't have a choice.

                                               I Found the perfect spot on the fourth floor of the parking garage, then me and the kids walked and got done what I needed to do. We got back in the car after about a hour and a half. I got the kids seat belts on and off we go to one of the two exits. We get to the exit and I see the sign and exit for credit card, well I don't have the hubby's card on me so that's a no go. I see where you can go out if you pay for monthly parking, and again I'm like okay no. 

   Well I thought, maybe the other exit has someone I can pay to exit. So off we go again around and around to the other exit, Where again it has a box for credit cards, and one for monthly payment. So I'm like okay maybe there's another exit. So around and around again to a dead end. UGGGGG. The dead end was where Enterprise rent a car washes their cars, so if you ever get stuck at least you get a free car wash right. LOL.


   So parking garages are strange places you go around what feels like 100 times to never really get anywhere! So around and around back the way I came, I thought "Maybe I missed the other exit with the teller". hmmm Okay around, and around, getting dizzy, around, and again. all the way to the seventh floor, and guess what, Yep no teller. Okay I decide not to go all the way up to the tenth floor, and turned around very, extremely frustrated! So I go back down around and again, and find the first exit. I pulled up to the box to see if I could see a place to put money. Nope, and the same with the monthly parking box.


  " Okay Jennifer, Breathe Just relax, your not really stuck in a never ending spiral with no exit."So around and around to the other exit, I pull up to one of the box's and lo and behold a box for money. so I followed the directions inserted my little parking card, and started digging in my purse. That's when I realized I had no cash on me. "Oh Geez, What next" I think, Okay well I'll just pay with change, so I count out $3.00 in change, when I realize I was in there for a extra 30 minutes so it was six dollars. Grrr okay look for more change. Wait a second, I see a credit card slot, a dollar bill slot, Oh crap where Do I put change! So I did see a button with help on it, and if anyone needed help it was me with four whining kids in the car complaining about the heat and how someone hit someone else and the other one is thirsty.......
 

  I pressed the button and explained to the security person the problem. He kindly opened the gate for me and I had to pull up to the curb so He could come down and get the change from me. All in All, I have tosay I kept My cool, I got frustrated, but not mad. Score one for Gypsy Jenn! 

   The Moral of the story..... If your going to take four kids downtown and park in a garage, make sure first you didn't give all your money to the ice cream truck the day before!
 

 I hope you enjoyed this true story, Enjoy the pictures I took from the garage before I knew I was trapped in it. LOL!





........................................................................................................................................................................................................


No comments:

Post a Comment